Unpack and Unload: The best way to unpack and relax!
You’ve just moved into your new home, now what? Well, might I suggest first unpacking your unpacking kit? That may sound like an oxymoron, but I promise you it will save you time as you work tirelessly to put your home in order.
What goes into an “unpacking kit”:
- a box cutter and or scissors
- trash bags
- hand soap
- toilet paper
- shower curtain and liner
- shampoo and conditioner
- all-purpose cleaning wipes or spray
- pain relief (Tylenol or Advil)
- pet food (if applicable)
- paper plates and bowls
- plastic utensils
Now that you have your unpacking kit, here are our top two hacks for unpacking:
- This should go without saying, but just in case, as you unload your boxes from your car or the moving truck, DO NOT LIFT WITH YOUR BACK!!!Don’t cause a severe injury; instead, lift with your legs!
- Go with the flow, the unpacking flow:
First, unpack your bathroom. If you don’t want to unpack ALL your bathrooms, unpack at least one. Next, unpack your kitchen. You will need to refuel at some point. Then, move on to your bedroom. After unpacking most of your items, you will need rest! And of course, if you don’t get everything finished, you can at least sleep comfortably. Finally, everything else. Decorations, of course, should be last, as you must see where everything else fits first.